At South Suburban PADS, we believe every person should have the opportunity to escape homelessness, obtain an affordable home and work toward better health and economic security. We also believe we can do more good together. Consider donating your time or resources to strengthen our mission:
Donating online is quick, simple and convenient. Breathe easy knowing you can also give securely online through Network for Good. You can choose to make a one-time gift or plan for a monthly donation—financial donations of any size help fund our mission.
Visit this link to give or mail us a check. Please make checks payable to South Suburban PADS and mail to: South Suburban PADS Attn: Finance Department, 4411 W. Gatling Blvd. Country Club Hills, IL 60478
Memorial, Tribute or Legacy Giving
These donations offer a heartfelt way to commemorate an individual, volunteer, board member, community member, or former client who was dedicated to SSPADS’ mission. Please take comfort in knowing that you or your loved one’s memory will be honored by supporting people experiencing homelessness.
Employee Match Programs
If your employer or company is invested in supporting local or national charities, please consider us for your employee match program. It’s an easy way to take your employees’ generous gifts even further and for your business to give back to the community. You’d be in great company, as we’re proud to partner with some amazing organizations such as Bank of America and C&R Railway for their employee match programs.
Attend or Throw an Event
From walk-a-thons to supermarket collection drives to student-led fundraisers and our annual fundraiser, we love making friends in the community! These events help us educate others about SSPADS, make connections and keep our finger on the pulse of people’s lives in the south suburban area. Follow us on social media or check back here to see our upcoming events.
If you would like to start your own fundraiser on behalf of SSPADS and digital assets, please reach out.
Join the Team
We’re a growing organization with frequent opportunities to join our team. We’re always looking for people who are passionate about ending homelessness in the south suburbs of Chicago. You’ll be joining a diverse team of people who are actively helping thousands of individuals overcome homelessness and improve their lives.
Join Our Board
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals who align with SSPADS’ mission, vision and values to commit the time, energy and expertise needed to drive us toward our shared definition of success.
If you are interested in joining the South Suburban PADS Board of Directors, please contact us.
Donate a Meal
Each day we serve three meals to our shelter clients, which allows us to break bread with those in our care. Sharing a meal is a meaningful opportunity for you or your small group (family, church, sorority, club, team, business, etc.) to join together and donate your valuable time and talents to a great cause.
We love the heart behind homemade meals. However, if cooking is not preferred, our volunteer coordinator can direct you to some of our favorite local restaurants that would love to partner with you. Contact us for more information.
We believe that a large piece of ending homelessness involves not just housing but dignified housing. That means providing more than just a roof over someone’s head. And we couldn’t do it without in-kind donations from folks like you! Your in-kind donations can consist of physical supplies that you purchase new from the store from any of our kits listed below or client gift cards (for food, gas, or transportation).
- Hygiene Kits: Shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, period products, and cotton swabs
- Outreach Kits: Gift cards, hand warmers, hats, scarves, gloves, toiletries, water bottles, coats, and water
- Shelter Guest Welcome Kit: Sheets, blankets, towels, food gift cards, water bottle, socks, healthy snacks
- Move-In Kits: Sponsor an entire home or a single room with the necessary home goods needed. Room options include bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen
- House Cleaning Kit: Mop, broom, rubber gloves, bucket, spray cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet bowl brush, sponges.
- Back-to-School Kits: Notebooks, pens, pencils, crayons, markers, rulers, headphones, notecards, erasers, loose leaf paper, notebooks, backpack, calculator, and folders
- First-Aid Kits: Bandaids, gauze, antibiotic ointment, alcohol wipes, ice packs, medical masks, and latex gloves.
- Baby Kits: Diapers, bottles, blankets, clothes, and formula