An Entry Point to Restoration
Our Emergency Shelter Network is a program that provides emergency, overnight shelter on a rotating basis at various church locations. Due to the pandemic, the church shelters are temporarily closed, and guests have been provided with hotel rooms to self-isolate and stay safe. Our case managers work closely with shelter guests to determine the next steps for their success (e.g., housing assistance, mental health services, etc.)
For emergency shelter, please contact:
South Suburban PADS
Chicago Heights Housing and Shelter Support Office
414 W. Lincoln Highway
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
708-332-7700 (option 4)
Emergency Shelter Locations
- Flossmoor Community Church, men only, 2218 Hutchison Road, Flossmoor
- Hazel Crest Community Church, men only, 17050 S. California Ave., Hazel Crest
- Restoration Ministries, women and children, 15331 S. Broadway Ave., Harvey
- Faith Lutheran Church, men only, 18645 Dixie Highway, Homewood
- Salvation Army, women and children, 2900 Burr Oak Ave. (127th), Blue Island
- Infant Jesus of Prague, men only, Leavitt & Flossmoor Roads, Flossmoor
- Church of the Holy Family, women and children, Sauk Trail & Orchard, Park Forest
- St. Lawrence O’Toole, men only, 4101 S. St. Lawrence, Matteson
- St. Andrews Methodist Church, women and children, 18850 S. Riegel Road, Homewood
- St. Irenaeus, co-ed, Orchard & Indianwood, Park Forest
- New Faith Baptist Church, co-ed, 25 S. Central Ave., Matteson
- St. Lawrence O’Toole, men only, 4101 S. St. Lawrence Ave., Matteson
- Zion Lutheran Church, women and children, 17100 69th Ave., Tinley Park
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, men only, 4955 W. 15th St., Oak Forest
- Living Springs Community Church, women and children, 19051 S. Halsted St., Glenwood
Emergency services include:
- Secure overnight lodging.
- Hot dinner, breakfast and a sack lunch.
- Case management, health education and care coordination, housing assistance and other supportive services.
- Transportation assistance.
If you need help or support, South Suburban PADS is here to assist you. From emergency shelter to affordable housing to supportive services and more, our team is here to help individuals and families overcome homelessness and get on the path to a brighter tomorrow.
Faith and Community Partnerships
If you are interested in getting your congregation involved in our Emergency Shelter Network, please contact our Emergency Shelter Department at 708-332-7700 (option 4).